Augusta Technical College Announces New Academic Programs and Continuing Education Offerings for Fall 2021
Posted on Jul 12, 2021 at 10:00 AM
For Immediate Release
|Media Contact | Original Press Release | AugustaCEO Article|
|Name: Kimberly Holden|
|Title: Director, Marketing & Public Relations|
Augusta Technical College Announces New Academic
Programs and Continuing Education Offerings for Fall 2021
Fall semester starts August 23.
Augusta, GA, July 12, 2021
Augusta Technical College is excited to announce new academic programs and continuing education offerings for Fall Semester 2021. The college's Chief Academic Officer, Provost Dr. Melissa Frank-Alston, worked collaboratively with academic deans, department heads, and program advisory committee boards to create the highest possible quality of educational programs for our students.
New academic programs include:
School of Aviation, Industrial and Engineering Technology
- *T.C.C. in Industrial Construction I (Thomson Campus)
- T.C.C. in Photovoltaic Systems Installation & Repair Technician (Augusta Campus)
School of Cyber and Digital Media
- ^A.A.S. in Cloud Computing and Solutions (Augusta Campus)
School of Health Sciences
- T.C.C. Central Sterile Supply Processing Technician Advanced (Augusta Campus)
School of Public and Professional Services
- A.A.S. in Culinary Arts (Augusta Campus)
- T.C.C. in Early Childhood Care & Education Basics (Augusta, Thomson, and Waynesboro Campuses)
*T.C.C. (Technical Certificate of Credit) ^A.A.S. (Associate of Applied Science Degree)
To learn more about our academic programs, please visit our Academic Schools Page.
Under the direction of Vice President of Economic Development Dr. Lisa Palmer, Augusta Tech's Economic Development Division offers non-credit classes in areas such as Industrial, Manufacturing and Safety, Computer Training, and Leadership Development. Classes are short-term; e.g., a single-day, a few days, or a few weeks.
New CE offerings include:
- Medical Scribe for Practicing Healthcare Professionals
- Medical Scribe Professional
- Health Unit Coordinator
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP)
- APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation and Distribution (CLTD)
Fall Term starts August 23, and Augusta Technical College is currently accepting applications for enrollment at all campus locations.
About Augusta Technical College
Augusta Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, is a public postsecondary institution that provides academic and technical education, customized business and industry training, continuing education, student support, economic development, and adult education services to its service area (Burke, Columbia, Lincoln, McDuffie, and Richmond Counties) at a competitive financial value. Associate of Science Degrees, Associate of Applied Science Degrees, diplomas, and technical certificates of credit are provided through traditional and distance delivery methods. For more information, visit augustatech.edu.
- Augusta CEO
- Press Release